Saree Date at Chennai around the World Saree Day

Though the World Saree Day is celebrated on 21st of December every year, a group of women at Chennai, who are sheer saree enthusiasts decided to gather together and share and showcase their beautiful possessions. Though at the gathering not much talk about saree was done, still the different colours different textures talked louder than the words.

The women belonged to a closed group in FB named W3 - Women, Weave, World which was created by two textile enthusiasts. The group is to break all the geographical and social barriers and is to connect the women all over the world who have similar interests and encourage them all to break their inhibitions and share the beautiful weaves they own.

Ofcourse personally, this group have taught me a lot, gave me confidence and it also helped me drape saree more. I personally shed down my inhibitions and opened my wardrobe to choose a different saree to wear every other day.

The group of women (should I say girls) gathered had some good discussion and after food had lot of fun talking, chatting and not to forget the giggling. It was definitely great to meet two saree lovers from KL and SL. 

Comments