Today we are going to talk of CALLIGRAPHY.do you know about it?actually,it may seem to sound as a new word,I am sure many of you are skilled in this art.
This is the art of creative writing.it is also known as TYPOGRAPHY or LETTERING.
WE CAN DEFINE CALLIGRAPHY AS THE CREATIVE AND ARTISTIC STYLE OF LETTER FORMATION.
This art is used in book covers,show cards,greeting cards,hoardings,signboards,etc.
You can improve your writing also by learning it.this will help you to gain more marks in your exams.
Calligraphy is done by two methods :
Principles of art:
Principles or design :
3) Distance between letters.
4) Distance between words.
There are three basic styles of calligraphy :
Then,these styles are again divided into many substyles.
RULES FOR CALLIGRAPHY :
1) Start with single stroke letters.
2) Strokes should be from up to downward and left to right
3) round letters are a bit outer than lines.
4) The strokes should be finished in a single attempt.
5) Spacing:gap between two letters should be symmetrical.all letters are of different shapes and sizes.if equal space is left in between,the beauty of word is lost.this is called mechanical spacing.
We have to adopt OPTICAL SPACING,which means,space according to the size of letters.